Love in Bloom: David and Tierra’s Beautiful Wedding Day
From Enterprise Car Rental to Forever: A Love Story
A Match Made at Enterprise Car Rental David and Tierra’s love story began when they met while working at Enterprise Car Rental in Los Angeles. They quickly realized they had a special connection, and on their first date, they bonded over art at LACMA museum and delicious Mexican food at El Cholo’s.
A Dream Wedding Venue After David proposed to Tierra on February 10, 2021, they knew they wanted to celebrate their love and their families in a big way. They chose the stunning Twin Oaks House & Gardens in San Marcos, CA as their wedding venue. The venue is known for its lush greenery, blooming flowers, and beautiful architecture. The ceremony took place in the gardens, surrounded by colorful flowers and towering trees, and the reception was held in the charming and elegant house. The venue’s beautiful natural surroundings and picturesque backdrops made for the perfect setting for David and Tierra’s special day.
Venue Review: Twin Oaks House & Gardens
236 Deer Springs Rd, San Marcos, CA 92069
Dressed to Impress
David’s groomsmen looked dapper in their champagne and beige tuxes with black lapels and pants, perfectly complementing the elegant and romantic vibe of the wedding. Tierra’s bridesmaids wore gorgeous magenta spaghetti strap dresses that perfectly accentuated the lush greenery and colorful flowers of the wedding venue. The bridesmaids’ dresses were a beautiful complement to Tierra’s stunning white gown, making the whole bridal party look like a picture-perfect vision of love and beauty. The guests also added to the elegance of the day, as many were dressed in shades of beige, champagne, and magenta, creating a cohesive and stylish color scheme throughout the celebration.
The Perfect Soundtrack
The wedding day was full of love, laughter, and all the little things that made it unique to David and Tierra. They kicked things off with some classic R&B hits like “Spend My Life” by Eric Benet ft. Tamia and “For the Love of You” by The Isley Brothers, and then Tierra made her grand entrance to the soulful sounds of Snoh Aalegra in “Find Someone Like You.” The whole ceremony was so beautiful, and it was clear that these two were totally meant to be.
Did You Know:
- “Spend My Life” was written and produced by R&B legend Babyface and was released in 1999.
- “For the Love of You” was originally recorded by The Isley Brothers in 1975 and has been covered by numerous artists over the years.
- “Find Someone Like You” by Snoh Aalegra was released in 2019 and was included in her critically acclaimed album “Ugh, Those Feels Again.”
Love, Laughter, and All the Good Things
Reception and Dance
Once the ceremony was over, it was time to party! The DJ, DJ Mark (also known as DJ CheckMarks), kept the music flowing all night long, and the dance floor was packed. They started things off with some sweet and sultry R&B love songs like “Best of Me” by Anthony Hamilton, which was their most memorable song. But pretty soon, the party really kicked into high gear with some classic funk hits like “Candy” by Cameo and “Before I Let Go” by Beverly and Maze, followed by some of the best 90s and 2000s R&B and hip hop. Everyone was having so much fun, and the energy in the room was amazing.
Did You Know:
- “Best of Me” by Anthony Hamilton (played during Parent Dances) was released in 2005 and became one of his biggest hits, peaking at number seven on the Billboard R&B chart.
- “Candy” by Cameo (played during dance) was written by band leader Larry Blackmon and Tomi Jenkins, and features a distinctive synth and bassline that became a signature sound of the band.
- “Before I Let Go” (Played at the top of dance) by Beverly and Maze has been covered by several artists over the years, including Frankie Beverly and Maze themselves, who re-recorded the song for their 1981 album “Live in New Orleans.”